Patients have a right to courtesy, privacy and confidentiality. You can help us by:
• Being on time for your appointment.
• Letting us know if you need to cancel. Defaulting attendance at appointments wastes time and is discourteous both to the doctors and other patients waiting for appointments.
• Telephoning for an emergency appointment as soon after 08.00 as possible.
• Telephoning for a home visit before 10.00.
• Prescription requests should be made in writing 48 hours before they are needed.
• Your doctor may be called out to an emergency and you will be informed of any undue delay. You may wait or re-schedule your appointment, and your understanding in this matter is much appreciated.
• Your doctor may be dealing with a complicated, serious complaint which may result in late running of surgeries. Please be a patient patient – next time it could be you.